Veterinary Receptionist Apprenticeship THE ROYAL VETERINARY COLLEGE
Learn and contribute to Hospital service standards, via excellent customer service and reliable administration support, working alongside our experienced veterinary reception team. You will undertake Veterinary Receptionist training to achieve a Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and the VetSkill Certificate for Veterinary Receptionists.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
22 Dec 2023
09 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Building client rapport through proactive customer service
- Promoting growth of hospital business
- Providing resolution of queries and complaints
- Making responsible product recommendations in line with patient wellness protocols
- Account management
- Diary management, medication collections, client reminders, and insurance payment processing
- Ensuring a positive client experience by maintaining waiting room cleanliness, hygiene, and staff presentation
Ability to actively work to uphold and promote the RVC values of, professionalism and commitment, compassion and caring, dedication to quality and innovation, devotion to the advancement of knowledge and the alleviation of suffering.
- Display screen equipment use
- Infection control duties required
The training you will be getting
- Customer Service Practitioner with VetSkill Level 2 Certificate for Veterinary Receptionists
- End Point Assessment will be required to achieve the apprenticeship
- Training and training location to be confirmed
This qualification is work-based, so no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact.
The Apprentice position will be primarily located at our Camden Campus in London.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The apprentice will be able to apply for Veterinary Receptionist positions as they become available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE COLLEGE OF ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.