Administration Apprentice THE COLLEGE OF ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED
An Administration Apprentice is responsible for supporting the administrative functions within the college while simultaneously learning the skills and knowledge required for a career in administration. This role typically involves performing a wide range of tasks to facilitate the smooth operation of the college.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Salary depending on experience.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Data Entry: Inputting and updating data in digital systems or databases accurately and efficiently.
- Document Management: Sorting, filing, and organizing physical and electronic documents, ensuring they are easily accessible.
- Reception: Greeting visitors, answering phone calls, and directing inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Email Correspondence: Managing and responding to emails, forwarding messages, and maintaining email organisation.
- Scheduling: Assisting with appointment scheduling, meeting coordination, and managing calendars for team members.
- Office Supplies: Monitoring and replenishing office supplies, including stationery, and placing orders as needed.
- Record Keeping: Maintaining records and logs of various activities, such as inventory, employee attendance, or project progress.
- Reporting: Preparing reports and documents, including spreadsheets and presentations, using software like Microsoft Office.
- Communication: Liaising with colleagues and external parties to facilitate communication and information exchange.
- Learning and Development: Actively participating in training programs and courses to enhance administrative skills and knowledge.
- Problem Solving: Assisting in resolving administrative challenges and finding efficient solutions.
- Compliance: Ensuring that administrative tasks are performed in accordance with company policies and relevant regulations.
- Confidentiality: Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information and handling it securely.
- Process Improvement: Identifying areas for process improvement and suggesting ways to streamline administrative tasks.
- Other Duties: Carrying out ad-hoc tasks and projects as assigned by supervisors to support the smooth operation of the organisation.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- An End Point Assessment will be required to achieve the apprenticeship.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of an administration apprenticeship, individuals can pursue various career paths in administration, such as Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, or other administrative roles depending on the organisation at the time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Other Duke of Edinburgh (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE COLLEGE OF ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.