Goods-In Administrator Apprentice MARCEGAGLIA (UK) LIMITED
Due to the expansion and investment of the business, we are growing our goods-in department. We expect that the inbound delivery of coil, used to manufacture our tubes, is going to increase. Therefore, we require an organised and motivated goods-in administrator to assist in overseeing the management of materials.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Use of our bespoke SAP software.
- Calling off coils from all different docks around the UK.
- Booking in of coils.
- Tracking of all deliveries between both Marcegaglia sites and docks.
- Contact with hauliers to organise transport/dialogue to arrange times.
- Organising the collection of scrap.
- Learning the planning of slitting steel coil.
- Communication between sites and other key stakeholders.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for the transport department.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure that all transportation needs are met.
- Ensuring safety standards are met by drivers and vehicles.
The training you will be getting
You will be undertaking the Business administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship standard.
There is potential to be enrolled on different courses within the Good-In department both the employee and the company. This includes IOSH Managing safely, Fire Marshal training, First Aid training, Equality training and more.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The prospects to grow with the business both within the Good-In department and other departments. This varies from promoting to a more senior role within Goods-in, to production planning, quality and much more.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
MARCEGAGLIA (UK) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
0121 602 7741
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.