Northern Education Trust (NET) is a charitable education Trust with a good track record for school improvement. The Trust sponsors 23 academies; 13 secondary and 10 primaries across the North of England in eleven Local Authority regions.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
£5.28 per hour (in first-year) NMW (in second year onwards)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
15 Dec 2023
20 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Thorp Academy are looking to appoint a Site Supervisor Apprentice to assist the Site Team in all aspects of site management, ensuring the security, cleanliness and maintenance of the school and grounds are of a high standard at all times. The successful candidate will work towards completing an apprenticeship while carrying out the work on the grounds as required.
The training you will be getting
Your training will be provided by both your Employer and Grey Seal Academy. All training is delivered face to face at the workplace either on site or videoconferencing; this includes x1 training session and x1 coaching session per month. You will have access to an online portfolio and virtual learning environment to assist your training and assessment during your programme.
During the Apprenticeship you will learn the following topics:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and reporting procedures of a property maintenance operative
- Health and safety in property maintenance
- Apply customer service in property maintenance
- Carrying out painting and tiling tasks
- Plan and carry out preventative property maintenance
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs
- Carry out electrical testing and repairs
- Understand and maintain heating ventilation and air conditioning plant
- Internal and External Building Fabric Maintenance
- Understand energy, environment and sustainable practices within property maintenance
- Control of property maintenance related resources and equipment
Working with external contractors
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship you will gain the following qualifications and Standard:
- Property Maintenance Operative Level 2
- Functional Skills in Mathematics Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
- Functional Skills in English Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is the potential of being taken on a full-time role after the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (Grade 9-3/A*-D) desirable) Desired
About the employer
NORTHERN EDUCATION TRUST
GREY SEAL ACADEMY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.