Creative Digital Design Degree Apprenticeship GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL EUROPE UK LIMITED
We are looking for an apprentice to deliver innovative packaging design that provides Graphic Packaging and its customers with first to market opportunities for new products and materials. Whilst remaining aware of commercial and practical constraints, the main aim is to push boundaries - proactively driving forward our customers’ business.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2023
Starting salary between £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
As an ambassador for the business, customer service should always be at the forefront of your thoughts and therefore developing and maintaining great working relationships with the sales teams and customers is key to the role. Another critical purpose to the role is to establish an excellent understanding of the technical requirements of the production sites and develop good relationships with the Operational teams to drive Innovation whilst maintaining Quality. Lastly this role will include the need to work within 3D CAD, communicating technical solutions, as well as creating 3D CAD models for development tooling.
- To take the lead with design projects as requested by our customers.
- To support the creative design team from a technical aspect to help turn creativity into reality - forming a bridge between different stages of the design process.
- To liaise with all aspects of production to ensure cartons are designed to the most efficient format.
- To keep abreast of the latest packaging and machinery trends.
- To develop first to market packaging innovation based on our production capability.
- To monitor the market and report on trends or developments that could offer commercial opportunities to the group.
- To engage in and develop working relationships with selected customers leading to innovation in packaging design.
- Explore and make recommendations on technical advances within the overall remit of the role.
- To have a good working knowledge of ArtiosCAD.
- To develop knowledge of 3D CAD Tools including Visualizer/ Keyshot/ Solidworks
- Understand production capabilities of all sites - internal as well as customer sites.
The training you will be getting
- The degree award is a BA (Hons) in Creative Digital Design
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
- You will attend Sheffield Hallam University for a series of study blocks (design sprints) over 3 years
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The employer is ready to invest in the successful candidate. This is a long-term career opportunity with a growing company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL EUROPE UK LIMITED
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Creative digital design professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.