Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Apprenticeship CORE CONTROL SOLUTIONS LTD
During your apprenticeship at Core Control Solutions, you will be working with a team of engineers on live control system projects. You will be a fundamental part of the team and have opportunities to be involved in the design, production, testing and site commissioning stages. You will gain valuable hands-on experience from concept to completion.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2024
• Flexible holidays – 32 days annual leave including bank holidays • Your birthday off with pay • Free use of the company’s onsite gym • £500 leisure benefit
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2024
14 Nov 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
As an apprentice engineer at Core Controls, you will have a training programme which is tailored to your interests and personal development needs. We offer learning opportunities in our Project Engineering department, our System Support Engineering department, and our company workshop.
These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
• Delivering turnkey projects from concept to handover
• Design and implementation of PLC Software
• Design and implementation of SCADA Software
• Design of system networks
• Design of control panels
• Project lifecycle documentation (FDS, FAT, SAT, O&Ms etc.)
• In-House factory testing
• On-site commissioning and final site acceptance testing
Working for Core Control Solutions you will be using the very latest technology including IoT, LoRaWAN, AWS, MS Azure and cloud-based technologies.
You will have a one-to-one mentor to support you and ensure your personal development needs are met.
The training you will be getting
- The degree award is BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- You will be required to attend Sheffield Hallam University on day release.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Once you have completed your apprenticeship there are a number of progression opportunities at Core Controls. We will continue to develop your skills to help you build a successful career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CORE CONTROL SOLUTIONS LTD
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Embedded electronic systems design and development engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.