Accounts Payable Administrator Apprentice PEDIGREE WHOLESALE LIMITED
Pedigree Wholesale is a market-leading supplier of pet and aquatic products, primarily selling to the UK independent retail sector. The company is 100% family-owned and run, with a strong reputation in the marketplace built on over 50 years of trading.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Processing accounts payable invoices
- Resolving queries around delivery discrepancies and pricing issues.
- Reconcile Supplier statements to ensure that supplier liabilities are accurate for financial reporting and to check accuracy of invoices on the ledger.
- Liaising with suppliers and dealing with supplier queries.
While you will develop experience within the Accounts payable functions, you will also be supported by various teams to gain a wider understanding of all aspects of the companies account teams functions.
Additional awareness will be gained in areas including cash reconciliations, Vat Returns, Management reporting etc.
The training you will be getting
The Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard includes:
6 AAT exams leading to AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process.
The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby through day release.
AAT Modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (L2 Unit)
- Principles of Bookkeeping (L2 Unit)
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Business Awareness Tax Processes for Business
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- We offer hybrid working and a permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.