Are you looking to turn your passion for IT into a career? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our client's IT team. Duties include: Active monitoring of the virtual servers and desktop resources.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Dec 2023
15 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Perform checks on the backup solution and associated USB backup drives
- Monitor hard drive space on servers, desktops, laptops, netbooks and tablets.
- Monitor & install Microsoft windows updates on desktops, netbooks and laptops.
- Update software and firmware on Apple devices.
- Monitor Antivirus updates and/or issues with client software.
- Review Server event log entries to proactively prevent issues.
- Maintain the ICT Asset inventory.
- Create and change user account details for Staff and Pupils.
- Active monitoring of the virtual servers and desktop resources.
- Projector cleaning.
- Installation of core software on desktops, laptops and chromebooks
- Office 365 administration for new users & password resets.
- Making sure all classroom IT equipment is operating as intended.
- Mobile devices ie: Ipads, chromebooks etc are maintained and are usable.
- Office staff are supported with any IT needs such as windows related issues, printing etc.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 ICT apprenticeship standard delivered via virtual learning platform sessions with support from specialist trainers and 121 skills coach and our learning platform "Aptem" complete learning on program. IT Vendor training will also be provided.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Numerous options of progression through the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
MACLEAN DATA COMMUNICATIONS LTD
PARETO LAW LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.