Information Communications Technician Apprentice (ICT Digital Route) North Star
Northern Skills are recruiting on behalf of North Star Housing Group for a keen, hardworking individual to join their busy team as an Information Communication Technician digital route, maintaining ICT infrastructure and operating within a team to resolve issues. The successful candidate will gain a level 3 in ICT.
Closing date: 03 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
17 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Provide a comprehensive range of professional ICT & Digital Services to the organisation including, but not limited to, coaching of digital skills, software analysis, data integrity and quality, telephony and mobile services management.
- Working with the team to ensure the ICT infrastructure is fit for purpose, resilient and scalable to meet the current and future needs.
- To support and monitor the existing infrastructure and perform preventative maintenance work. Monitor and manage asset database, and control software register.
- Active Directory system administration. Manage usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, and protection of the asset portfolio.
- To provide support with North Star's helpdesk facility and software. Provide telephone and in person support in line with the agreed Service Level Agreement.
- To assist in performing root cause analysis to identify the underlying problems that arecausing user issues. Escalate difficult incidents or problems to suppliers and/or Head of Digital.
- Identify common trends and themes of helpdesk tickets and run end user training sessions in one to one or group settings, to improve digital skills in the organisation.
- To engage in day-to-day collaboration with Managed Service Provider (Exponential E).
- Work collaboratively with all team members to achieved North Star Digital Strategy.
- Inspire and enthuse colleagues and users of digital products including Office 365. Provide advice on the general digital competence and use analytics to identify needs.
- Support the ICT team, ensuring they are adopting and following best-practices (ITIL).
- Assist in the delivery of new ICT software systems to the requirement of the organisation.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Information Communication Technician
- Digital Route
- One day per week Day release
- Middlesbrough College
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.