Apprentice Quality Inspector SCHLUMBERGER OILFIELD UK PLC
The Quality Inspector Apprentice is responsible for inspecting components against specific standards and/or drawings and reporting the results to other staff members.
Closing date: 26 Apr 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Sep 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- You'll be responsible for performing a variety of processes for the verification of components, ensuring that all inspection activities are efficiently carried out in accordance with SLB standards and HSE requirements.
• To carry out inspection of components using a variety of processes/techniques in accordance with drawings, specifications, and relevant quality procedures.
• To accurately interpret component drawings so that dimensions, geometric control, drawing issues, product requirements and special process requirements can be correctly identified and reported.
• Understanding of ISO and ASME drawing standards
• To generate inspection reports/non-conformance reports in accordance with the SLB quality policy.
• Understanding machining processes and how they impact on part quality (tolerance, surface, and geometric control)
• To handle components carefully and comply with safety regulations so that they are not damaged, and accidents do not occur due to mishandling.
• To liaise with internal personnel and suppliers in the resolution of quality issues.
• To assist in the successful implementation of ongoing company quality programs such as continuous improvement, ISO:9001 QMS etc.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard:
Qualification: Technical Support -
- Level 2 competence qualification
- Level 3 competence qualification
- Level 3 knowledge qualification
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Career progression plan for Quality Inspector
- Further career progression beyond Inspector roles possible
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 or C and above) Essential
About the employer
SCHLUMBERGER OILFIELD UK PLC
GLOUCESTERSHIRE ENGINEERING TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.