STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP DEVISE STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS LTD
As a structural engineering apprentice, you'll help plan, design, and build local developments, gaining hands-on experience in CAD, structural design, and collaborating with professionals. Join our team to contribute to eco-friendly construction with efficient designs and sustainable materials.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2024
£16000-19000 Following the successful completion of your probationary period you will receive annual salary reviews for the duration of your apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
09 Nov 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
Using a range of software (autocad, revit and bluebeam) as well as hand sketching to produce structural drawings and models
Carrying out desk studies to investigate the existing building, ground conditions etc
Plan and assist on site visits to understand how the building is working and/or monitor progress during construction
Produce structural calculations by hand and using tedds/tekla structural designer
Communicating with other members of the design team and clients by email and phone
Organising and attending monthly company socials
The training you will be getting
You will study to achieve a BEng civil engineering certification accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators.
You will attend university one day a week
You will have the full support of the rest of the design team and a personal development plan
Mentored by engineers that have been through the degree apprenticeship program themselves
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Upon completing your apprenticeship with us, you'll take your first step towards a rewarding career. As you progress, you'll be promoted to the role of a design engineer, where you'll have the chance to apply your newfound knowledge and skills to real-world projects
- This apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to achieve incorporated engineer status with the institute of civil engineers. With this qualification, you'll have the expertise to take on a diverse range of engineering projects, spanning residential, educational, and hotel sectors, among many others
- Imagine being at the forefront of shaping our built environment, creating structures that stand the test of time, whilst mitigating the impact on the environment and positively impacting communities
- As you gain more experience and expertise, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and teach the next generation of aspiring engineers, passing on your knowledge and passion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Civil engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.