Apprentice Childcare Practitioner Level 3 KIDDIE-CRECHE PRIVATE DAY NURSERY LTD
We are looking for an individual who is keen to start/continue in the childcare sector. Are you interested in looking after children and wish to gain a professional qualification at level 3 and additionally gain valuable job experience. You will organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Be able to work well in a team
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc.
- To ensure high standards in all aspects of care and development in line with the EYFS for all children attending the nursery
- To organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery
- To assist in enhancing the developmental progress in children
- To implement the daily routine within the nursery
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and good housekeeping
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the nursery’s policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected
- Full description will be given at interview.
The training you will be getting
The apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours). This will be delivered in the workplace. Off-the-job training will be given as a minimum of 6 hours per week to complete all the necessary training, this will be delivered in the workplace.
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) forms part of the Early Years Pathway of the Advanced Apprenticeship Standard for the Children and Young People’s workforce. Within this standard you will also complete:
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Functional skills maths if required
And the End point assessment (EPA) - which will comprise of two activities:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio-based professional discussion with an EPA external assessor.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
For the successful candidate there is the possibility of ongoing employment upon completion of the relevant qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.