Mobile Care Worker Apprentice T L C COMMUNITY SERVICES LTD
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives? If you have a passion to work with people in their own homes within your own local community, engaging with people, making them smile and being that one person that comes to visit them that day, then working for TLC Community Care could be for you.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2024
£12.00 per hour plus travel expenses.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
18 Mar 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
These positions will be based in Chester-le-Street and the surrounding area.
- Provide personal care for the client including non-nursing tasks such as personal hygiene, continence management, dressing and general mobility.
- Provide domestic assistance such as: laundry, bed making, cleaning, shopping, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and cooking of meals in the client’s home and assist with the monitoring of eating habits and food consumption.
- Assist with medication under the guidance of the Supervisor, Senior Care worker, or other qualified person, and / or following suitable training.
- In exceptional circumstances, to contact a doctor, emergency services.
- Assist and encourage the safe use of special equipment provided to assist clients with disabilities or incapacity.
The training you will be getting
- Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Functional skills if required
- Training is delivered in the workplace
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Potential full-time employment at the end of the apprenticeship and progression to level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
T L C COMMUNITY SERVICES LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.