Kew Law LLP are looking to take on a Business and Administration Apprentice to assist in the day to day running of reception and to undertake general administration duties. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
You will be required to welcome both new and existing clients to the office when they arrive and provide any refreshments to such visitors if necessary.
- You will be required to take incoming telephone calls to the office, with such calls being from a variety of people, such as new clients, existing clients, estate agents, other solicitors etc.
- You will be required to assist where possible (although you will not be expected to, neither permitted to, give any legal advice) and transfer telephone calls or take messages if appropriate
- You will be required to keep a log of each phone call received and the action taken
- You may also receive a variety of emails from people such as new clients, existing clients, estate agents, other solicitors etc.
- You will not be expected to reply to those emails unless instructed to do so, and your responsibility will be to ensure that the email is forwarded to the relevant person in a timely fashion
- You will be required to provide back up to the two senior secretaries, and will be required to type a variety of letters or produce other such legal documents as may be required
- You will also be expected to open new files, both on Case Manager and a hard copy of the file
- You will be required to go to the bank on a daily basis to pay in cheques and cash received on behalf of the firm
- You will be expected to check the office stationery levels (at least once a week) to ensure that the office has sufficient supplies
- You will be required to place orders for new stationery as required
- You will also be required to receive all new stationery orders and to put away the supplies in a timely fashion
The training you will be getting
- Business Administrator Level 3 (A level) Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Blended on / off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Potential full-time role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
RM TRAINING (UK) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.