Technical Assistant Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship SYNOPTIX LTD
A Technical Assistant Level 6 Degree Apprentice is required. This is an exciting and challenging role for an individual who wishes to develop their engineering skills and progress their career. You will support internal and innovative projects, co-ordinate the work package delivery for customers and apply knowledge of new and emerging technologies including cyber security. Duties include: supporting internal Synoptix Projects Project co-ordination in support of work package delivery for customers.
Closing date: 03 May 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Aug 2024
24 Nov 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What you will do in your working day
- Support to internal Synoptix Projects
- Project co-ordination in support of work package delivery for customers
- Contributing to innovation projects and applying knowledge of new and emerging technologies including cyber security
- Support to Synoptix STEM activities
- General business support
The successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of Synoptix business.
The training you will be getting
- Digital & Technology Solutions Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship). This comprises four years of funded academic study and workplace training, resulting in a BSc (hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree
- Weekly attendance at University Centre Weston (UCW).
- Synoptix offers training throughout the scheme which aims to provide apprentices with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career as a Systems Engineer. This will include introductions to Systems Engineering practises and developing an understanding on how to maximise business opportunities through the application of Systems Engineering excellence
- Synoptix has a broad depth of highly skilled engineers who are able to provide expertise in key Systems Engineering tools including Model-Based Systems Engineering and Requirements Management.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Our intention is to offer our apprentices a permanent role at the end of the degree and develop their career as a Systems Engineer
- This may include the opportunity to continue education to Masters and Chartered Engineer and beyond
- Generous salary review after first year and annual increases based on performance throughout programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent IT (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade C) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent IT (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Digital and technology solutions professional
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.