We are looking to recruit a Beauty Therapy Level 2 Apprentice to join our team and train to industry standards. If you want to help clients to look and feel their best and have the desired qualities and skills, then apply today for this great opportunity. The successful applicant will be expected to assist in the everyday running of the salon.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
07 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Beauty is an industry that is all about making people look and feel their best. The greatest beauty therapists understand their clients’ needs and have knowledge of new products, the latest tools of the industry and an excellent knowledge of the latest treatments.
You can commence your beauty career with an apprenticeship. You will be mentored by a highly experienced team and have the best support possible.
For your part, you must be committed to your apprenticeship in the workplace and off the job training.
- The successful applicant will be expected to assist in the everyday running of the salon
- Preparing and cleaning of treatment rooms
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Answering the telephone, reception duties
- Promoting and selling beauty products
- General housekeeping duties.
- In salon treatments
You will learn to:
- Provide waxing treatments
- Provide hand and nail treatments
- Provide foot treatments
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Provide make-up treatments
- Provide basic massage treatments
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Professionals - Beauty therapist
- Functional Skills maths L2 if required
- Functional Skills English L2 if required
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
To potentially progress onto Level 3 to become a fully qualified Advanced Beauty Therapist.
If you are looking for a rewarding and diverse career that can bring you not just the glamour and excitement, but the real rewards of hard work and dedication, then perhaps this is the industry for you.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D/9-3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.