Bear Care Day Nurseries are looking to recruit Nursery Apprentices across their sites at Arnold, Stapleford, and Carlton & Gedling. As a Nursery Apprentice, you will be given full support and training to develop your knowledge, skills and experience in all aspects of childcare.
Closing date: 04 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
02 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Ensure children are within a safe and caring environment,
under close staff supervision
- Assist staff to ensure children’s individual care plans and
routines are met
- Provide and support stimulating activities to enhance
- Interact positively with children, parents, visitors and other
The training you will be getting
- You will achieve a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Apprentices who have not achieved the equivalent of level 2
qualifications in maths and English, will need to achieve level 1
functional skills in these and work towards level 2 functional skills
Apprentices will be allocated a Trainer Assessor and training will be planned and delivered in conjunction with the employer to meet the individual needs of the apprentice. The apprentice will spend 20% of their working hours in off the job activities and training. On the job and off the job training will be delivered in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Opportunity for ongoing permanent employment and/or progression to further levels of training upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9-3 (A-D)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Learner Engagement Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.