Sawley Dental in Derbyshire is looking for a friendly and caring Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that is passionate about pursuing a career as a dental nurse. The role includes working chairside with a dentist in a busy dental practice.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
14 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The College Day Release for this course is planned to start 28 February 2024, however, you can still go for an interview and start employment in the meantime.
Duties within the role you will be trained to do include:
- Working chairside with a dentist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all health & safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures, drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the dental practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address.
The training you will be getting
You will complete the following on a day release basis once every 2 weeks at college in Nottingham City Centre for training starting February 2024 for 18 months
Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing Diploma Level 3 Dental Nursing. See link below for more detail on what you will learn and aim to achieve on this apprenticeship.
Functional Skills maths OR English Level 2 if not exempt.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The potential of ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse once the apprenticeship has been completed and a position is available at that time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.