The Campbell Clinic are looking for 2 friendly Apprentice Dental Nurses to join their multidisciplinary team of expertise at their brand new Clinic and Academy which officially opened in 2020. If you are looking to start your career as a dental nurse this opportunity is not to be missed.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
02 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Based in Edwalton the Campbell Clinic and Academy officially opened in 2020 with features to help benefit both patients, staff and suppliers.
With six Treatment Rooms available and a number of Specialists as part of their faculty, they can hold multiple treatments under one roof, from Dental Implants, to Periodontics and Endodontics.
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse, you will gain exposure to multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist / hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery.
- To be professional at all times.
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
The next college start for this apprenticeship is planned for February 2024, however if you are interested, please apply ASAP as they will interview, and the successful candidate can start employment as soon as they find someone suitable for the roles.
The training you will be getting
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
BTEC Level 3 Dental Nursing
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Day release at college - Nottingham City Hub - is one day per fortnight for 18 months next group due to start February 2024
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential opportunity for ongoing employment as a qualified dental nurse within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.