Making Friends nursery have expanded their business and are looking for an enthusiastic Level 3 childcare apprentice to join their growing team. If you have experience of working with children, Level 2 Childcare qualification and you would like to progress your career and become part of a team, Making Friends want to hear from you.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
07 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Your duties will include:
- To work in an early year’s provisions, to work with others as a team delivering outstanding childcare to children that attend the setting
- To be able to work with parents and other agencies
- To have a positive attitude toward work, embrace challenges, to be open and honest to their working goals, be willing to go that extra mile to achieve an outstanding education.
- To have a good understanding towards of the EYFS, Safeguarding
- Be willing to complete first aid training or any other training that is required by ourselves
- Be a good role model in and out of work
- Great time keeping is essential.
- Be clean and presentable and ensure uniform is kept in a good condition
- Be willing and able to complete any tasks at the setting that is required in the day to day running (clean as we go)
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the nursery and equipment is a vital part of the role as is providing a good role model for Students and help new staff to fit into the nursery.
- You will be required to keep development records and observations of the children and offer positive management of children's behaviour. Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records is essential.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
The training you will be getting
Training will be at Doncaster College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer.
You will undertake the Early Years Educator L3 standard.
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework.
You will undertake both on and off-the-job training by a team of industry qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge and experience that will help you become a qualified Early Years Educator of the future!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a higher-level apprenticeship or full-time employment for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.