Hyundai Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentice Stafford Hyundai
As a global automotive manufacturer, and one of the fastest growing, you’ll have the opportunity to work within an international business environment and grow with the company. The role includes working alongside qualified technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Dec 2023
31 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Stafford Hyundai are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT’s on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
The training you will be getting
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Standard at level 3.
They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC’s training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a log book that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours, a behaviour assessment, Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2, Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Log book (final year review to assess apprentice’s progress), Behaviour Assessment, Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/ understanding of the apprentice) and Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Each apprentice will achieve the following:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) (ST0033/AP03) Standard
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006) QCF
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement QCF
- Certified Hyundai Courses
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship
Further opportunities to develop career to become a fully qualified master technician and MOT tester
- On completion of the apprenticeship the average salary of a light vehicle technician is anywhere between 24k-27k. While most experienced technicians may earn up to £33k per year
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.