Apprentice Customer Service Administrator L3 at Mencap in Kirklees (Lindley) MENCAP IN KIRKLEES
This great opportunity has arisen to work for Mencap in Kirklees to provide administrative support for the team; you will be undertaking tasks that include Customer Service/Reception, finance administration and updating HR systems.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2023
Wage range: £6.00 to £9.50 per hour - starting rate is negotiable and subject to experience; there may be an increase on-going subject to satisfactory performance in your employment and college work.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
31 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This role is to provide all round administration support at any of Mencap in Kirklees services. You will be part of a friendly, hard-working and committed team. Through building relationships the team, you will gain experience and take on responsibilities on-going with the opportunity to take the lead and assisting them when necessary.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the service to comply with fire regulations
- Answering the telephone and taking messages where necessary
- Inputting information accurately to a number of databases
- Assisting with the HR System
- Assisting with the training System
- Filing, both electronic and hard copy
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Timesheet reconciliation
All staff are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of the organisation’s vision, to uphold the equality and diversity policy and health and safety standards and to participate in training activities necessary to their post.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
Our staff are our biggest asset, and we want them to be well trained, so they can provide high quality care to the people we support. In order that you can do that we will provide training in all relevant topics.
You will receive training in the following mandatory subjects:
- Fire Awareness
- Moving & Handling Objects
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Data Protection
- Dignity & Respect
- Display Screen Equipment
- Equality & Diversity
- Health & Safety
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Professional Boundaries
- Customer Services
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR MENCAP IN KIRKLEES
- Enrolment into our workplace pension scheme into which Mencap in Kirklees contributes 3% of your salary if you meet our qualifying criteria
- Enrolment into a healthcare scheme that allows you to claim money towards the cost of dental, optical and other medical expenses after 6 months
- A generous holiday allowance that increases the longer you work for us
- Sick pay and family friendly policies, after a qualifying period.
- Ongoing investment in your personal development and training to help you to achieve your career goals
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of using Microsoft package such as Word, Excel &
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- High standard of grammar and sentence construction.
- High standard of numeracy
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new experiences.
- Reliability and excellent time keeping are essential.
- Willingness to undergo further training
Understanding of learning disabilities and the impact on a person’s life.
Experience in a similar role, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity would be helpful.
The training you will be getting
Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
- The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers
- With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested
- The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills
- The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills
- The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others
- You will cover the necessary Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours, gather evidence and attend workshop/taught classes throughout the duration then complete an End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment involves:
- Portfolio Development
- Professional Observation
- Professional Discussion/Interview
You will be given paid time off for study to achieve your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship programme to be undertaken will be dependent upon previous experience.
- The Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and manager as and when required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There may also be progression opportunities to complete other apprenticeship/training
- Strong possibility of full-time employment subject to satisfactory employment and achievement of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent I.T (Grade 4/C) Desired
Other Work experience in an office or customer focussed (Grade 1 year) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.