Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 SL2 (SQUARED) LIMITED
Working as a member of our procurement team, the Apprentice Buyer role will support the Buyer at our office in South Yorkshire Your appointment to this position will be integral to the overall success of our business.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Key Responsibilities Assisting or development of skills to:
- Assist with managing a large portfolio of suppliers.
- Sourcing and negotiating with existing suppliers.
- Ensuring supplies adhere to quality, service, and best practice initiatives.
- Assisting with tendering activity, product enquiries and ad-hoc project work
- Purchasing of standard and non-standard stock items
- Reporting and statistical analysis
- Upholding procurement strategy
- Maximizing profitability and minimizing risk to the Business
- Undertaking stock control and administration activities
- Key Knowledge
- Polite & helpful telephone manner
- The ability to word process documents with accuracy.
- Versatile IT skills with a good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent numerical skills
The training you will be getting
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprentice will complete the following training:
- How to manage stakeholders
- Relevant laws and regulations such as health and safety, data protection & equality
- Financial processes such as accounting, payroll, & managing budgets
- How to manage change
- Project management
- Factors that affect organisations
- Record & document production
- Interpersonal skills
- Coaching others
- Effective communications
- Quality procedures
- Planning & organisation
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possibility of a full-time permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship
- Upon completion you could progress onto the Level 4 Higher
Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Possible other job roles could include - Administration Team Leader/office supervisor, personal assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Functional Skills Math's & English (Grade Level 2) Desired
About the employer
INDEPENDENT TRAINING AND EDUCATION CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.