This vacancy is for a Business Administrator Apprentice based in Darwen. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to support the business with general administrative duties as well as other ad-hoc duties defined by management.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Feb 2024
27 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Perspex International is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of acrylic-based products including the familiar brand name Perspex. The Darwen site focuses on the manufacture of cast acrylic sheet, liquid dispersions and colour.
This is a great opportunity to gain insight into the Health & Safety aspect of a manufacturing business whilst studying for a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
About the role
- Provide a support function whilst learning on the job
- Providing general, effective and efficient administration support to the Health & Safety team
- Assist with managing internal training database and updating records.
- Observing, learning and understanding Health & Safety processes and the importance of H&S within the workplace
- Assist with company risk assessments
- Stay current with health & safety legislation as part of your continuous professional development
- One day a week studying at College / Online (18 months course)
- Level 3 in Business Administration Apprenticeship
- 37.5 Hours a week
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme and Wellbeing benefits
- Dental and Optical Healthcare Programme
- Generous Pension Plan with Aviva
- Life Assurance of 4x salary
- Free access to online discount platform, Sodexo.
- Free secure parking
- Employee of the Month Awards
- 25 days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
The training you will be getting
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, QCF.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The opportunities in the world of business are endless. Many apprentices start in business administration, which is a great stepping stone into lots of exciting careers. You can go on to specialise in a particular field and into management. You will find people who started in administration working in all professional areas and at all levels. If you are good at IT and enjoy working with others then a Business Apprenticeship could give your career a great start.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.