Simpson and Hill Construction Ltd are looking for an apprentice bricklayer to provide support to their team. You will provide assistance to one or more skilled bricklayers. This role will involve general work assisting the bricklayer including site preparation and clearance, maintaining general site tidiness and assisting as told by the bricklayer.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2023
The salary is negotiable and will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
27 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Performing tasks as directed by the Line Manager including assisting in bricklaying work to create and maintain structures, walls, chimneys, foundations etc. using various types of blocks, bricks, tiles, boards, and stone.
Main tasks and responsibilities day-to-day include:
- Laying Bricks and or Blocks
- Measuring, marking up, cutting, fitting, and finishing Brickwork and Blockwork
- Using a range of hand and power tools depending on age
- Fastening bricks with wire clamps or cement
- Working accurately with detailed plans and specifications
- Erecting brickwork structures such as face walls, internal walls and retaining walls
- Repairing, maintaining, and finishing brickwork utilising substances such as brick acid
- Calculating angles and determining the vertical and horizontal alignment of courses
- Carry out work outdoors in reasonable adverse weather and at height safely
- Using equipment and tools effectively to perform construction tasks
- Support team members to carry out and complete jobs within timescales
- Concreting foundations / general concreting jobs
- Installation and repair of drainage works
- Small landscaping including laying kerbs, flags, and block paving
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Accurate submission of time sheets
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Bricklayer at Redcar and Cleveland College
- Functional Skills maths and English, if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.