Bonut Engineering Ltd are looking to recruit an apprentice for their site based in Bredbury. The role will include: producing components using a range of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and drilling - both manual and CNC. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in engineering!
Closing date: 20 Dec 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
20 Jan 2024
07 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
1. Duties will be as shown below and as outlined during the interview.
2. Your work will normally take place in workshop production areas.
3. You may from time to time be involved in the development of new products and improvement projects.
4. Assist in the sales and purchasing office and develop customer and supplier support knowledge where appropriate.
5. As the company does not have an annual shut down, the role will require flexibility of holidays to fit in with other staff, so that customer service is always maintained.
6. To work to the standards required for the manufacture, assembly and testing of company products.
- To gain familiarity with the range of company products and processes.
- To work safely at all times, following all company safety rules and maintaining a tidy work area. The wearing of appropriate PPE at all times is essential.
- Supporting colleagues with product machining and assembly and testing.
- Work enthusiastically to accept the necessary training required in all areas.
- Producing components using a range of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drilling machines, both manual and CNC.
- Liaising with inspectors from compliance organisations e.g. ISO 9001
- Assisting, where required, in other manufacturing areas.
- Checking the quality of components to be assembled and report any problems found and/or areas of concern.
- Keeping accurate records of work carried out. This is essential for the testing of assemblies.
Finished product quality is essential and it will be the apprentice’s responsibility to report any problems found with:
- Individual components
- Finished assemblies
- Products on test
- Equipment being used
Being a small company, the apprentice will be a key member of the production team and must be able to work as an effective team member.
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard to include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills) - Practical Skills Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations (Knowledge) - Theoretical Knowledge
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The Skills and Knowledge element of the programme will be delivered at The STEGTA Training Centre based in Flixton, Manchester
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be opportunities for further development upon completion of the apprenticeship. This will be discussed and reviewed at key stages of the training.
As a small business, we plan to recruit and train for long term staff retention, where possible, according to business needs and economics.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.