You will be fully trained using the latest CNC technology to prepare, set up, operate and adjust machinery to produce components.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
29 Jan 2024
26 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Preparing, setting up, operating and adjusting machinery.
- Applying risk assessment and hazard processes.
- Monitoring, obtaining and checking stock and supplies, and completing stock returns.
- Reading, recording and interpreting information.
- Applying scientific, engineering and mathematical principles.
- Planning and organising workload and resources.
- Following and applying inspection and quality assurance procedures and processes.
The training you will be getting
You will work towards the Level 3 Machining Technician Apprenticeship standard with Gateshead College.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible progression to full time employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9/L2 functional skills) Essential
About the employer
RDS PRECISION ENGINEERING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.