As an Apprentice Stores Operative, you will play a crucial role in supporting the smooth and efficient operations of our stores department. This apprenticeship opportunity will provide you with valuable hands-on experience and training in various aspects of inventory management, stock control and warehouse operations.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2024
This salary will remain same for the duration of the apprenticeship. Upon completion there will be an additional uplift of salary
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Feb 2024
25 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Assist in receiving, inspecting, and storing incoming goods and supplies
- Accurately label, pack, and organise inventory items to ensure easy retrieve
- Maintain inventory levels by conducting regular stock checks and updating records
- Collaborate with team members to fulfill internal stock requests and deliveries promptly
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, and organised working environment
- Assist in maintaining site security
- Help with the identification and disposal of damaged or expired inventory
- Learn and follow proper storage and handling procedures for different types of goods
- Utilise computer systems and software to input and track inventory data
- Support the team in conducting regular stock audits and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of outgoing orders for shipment
- Comply with company policy surrounding the use of PPE and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
The training you will be getting
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative (Level 2).
Functional Skills in Math and English may be required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There will be a full time position available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
P.T.P. TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.