Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Pinxton Pharmacy
Pinxton Pharmacy based in North Nottinghamshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmacy sector. We are now looking to recruit an additional apprentice. You will assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines and liaise with customers in all areas of sales.
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
26 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are looking for an apprenticeship to start around February 2024 but pleae apply now to be considered/shortlisted and put forward as a suitable candidate to the employer who may interview and offer the position to commence in early 2024.
There may be an opportunity to work more than the stated 30 hours per week. That would be agreed between the candidate and the employer.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
The training you will be getting
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address - there is no attendance at college.
You will be allowed 6 hours off the job training per week once enrolled to work on your apprenticeship tasks set.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Please refer to above link for more information.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - if there is a position available at that time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.