Level 2 Facilities Service Operative Apprenticeship - The Galaxie Hotel The Galaxie Hotel
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the team at as Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Apprentice. The main purpose of the role will involve general maintenance and cleaning duties which will include heavy lifting tasks.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2024
£6 per hour Paid twice per month + Automatic rise in pay after 1 year
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Jan 2024
25 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Support the delivery of the responsibilities of the Facilities Services function in complying with health and safety and other legislation and organizational policies and procedures
- Address Facilities related Risks, hazards and threats to people, property and premises
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers to ensure the effective delivery of a range of facilities services
- Complete the above duties in compliance with the organisation/schools policies and procedures
- Ensuring the security of the buildings by checking the perimeter is secure and access gates are kept locked
- Ensuring that fire regulations are observed
- Responding appropriately to emergency situations, or urgent issues recording incidents.
- Maintaining the buildings including: performing repairs, minor building/decoration work, managing contracting maintenance services as needed
- Completing work from the fault logbook kept on site, performing daily litter picking duties and maintaining external bins, moving furniture, setting up classrooms and other areas of the school as required.
- Keeping the surrounding grounds properly cared for
- Co-ordinating and distributing deliveries and post around the school timely
- Support the running of the school and welfare of the pupils where required
- Any other adhoc task required within the role
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants,
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card
- Automatic rise in pay after 1 year
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month),
- Paid twice a month
Please apply using the link and do not reach out to the client directly. Any contact made with the client could lead to your application not being considered.
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards your Level 2 Facilities Service Operative qualification across a total duration of 12 months!
- Training delivered in a blended format, with online learning and face-to-face sessions within the workplace
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A potential full-time role for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Galaxie Hotel
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.