Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship - The Galaxie Hotel The Galaxie Hotel
We are looking for an Apprentice to join the team as a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprentice. The main purpose of the role is to cook the daily hot foods and prepare the continental breakfast buffet.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2024
£6 per hour Paid twice per month + Automatic rise in pay after 1 year
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Jan 2024
25 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Cooking and supporting the kitchen team
- Preparing the continental buffet- Breakfast runs from 7.30am until 9am.
- Under the responsibility of our head chef, you participate in kitchen preparation to ensure the production of dishes are cooked to our specification .
- The job is focused on all shift and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate passionate about food that want to learn from a strong team of professionals.
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants,
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card
- Automatic rise in pay after 1 year
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month),
- Paid twice a month
Please apply using the link and do not reach out to the client directly. Any contact made with the client could lead to your application not being considered.
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards your Level 2 Commis Chef qualification across a total duration of 12 months!
- Training delivered in a blended format, with online learning and face-to-face sessions within the workplace
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A potential full time role may be available for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Galaxie Hotel
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.