Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Gilmour Primary School ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LTD
The role will include: working with teachers as part of a professional team to support teaching and learning, provide specialist assistance to pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, to support other staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
Closing date: 25 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.5
Possible start date
26 Dec 2023
24 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Implement planned learning activities / teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher
- Adjust learning activities based on pupils’ responses as appropriate to achieve effective learning outcomes
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Provide information to the Teacher for monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress / activities
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- To support learning by arranging / providing resources for lessons / activities under the direction of the teacher
- Liaise with other staff and provide information about pupils as appropriate
- Understand and support pupils with special needs
- Support the work of volunteers and other Learning Support staff in the classroom
The training you will be getting
The Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- All training will be completed on site, no college days, monthly visits from tutors, 20% off-the job training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After completion of the apprenticeship you will interview for a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LTD
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.