We are a highly professional and long established child care provider we offer the highest quality of childcare services and need to have suitable candidates to continue to achieve this. Role will include planning and supporting children with learning activities, encouraging children's development during play, supervising and supporting children during meal times, and more.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
25 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are currently looking for apprentices for our East Tilbury Nursery. We are offering a 40 hour week. The job role is to work towards a NVQ level 2 in child care. You will work within a team with a dedicated mentor to assist you through the Training programme.
Duties will include:
- Looking after children between the ages 0-5 years
- You must be enthusiatic and passionate about children and be keen to help them develop in all areas
- You will help to plan daily activities
- You will supervise and support the children at meal times
- You will assist with personal care such as nappy changes
The training you will be getting
- NVQ level 2
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- You will be required to have a DBS (criminal record check)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- We offer all our staff members avenues for progression through the company, encouraging people to continue their training to expand their knowledge in childcare
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Little Angels Day Nursery
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.