Dental Nursing Apprenticeship DR MOHAMMED ASHFAQ QURAISHI
Denmark Street Dental Practice are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. You will be maintaining dental operating equipment, you will also be taking responsibility for the decontamination of instrument.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2023
Starting at £5.28, Rises to £7.63 upon completion of probation at 6 months Increases again upon qualification Birthday given off each year and accrual of additional holiday for each year's service completed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
20 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Taking responsibility for the decontamination of instrument
- Maintaining dental operating equipment
- Ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place
- Looking after patient records – including making notes when the dentist is examining a patient
- Working on reception, handling calls, triaging patients, administrative duties
- Working closely with the dentist, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for us
- Working closely with patients
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- 1 day per week training in Newcastle
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Nurse pathway to progression upon qualification to develop skills to further qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
DR MOHAMMED ASHFAQ QURAISHI
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.