An exciting opportunity for a motivated and professional apprentice dental nurse, to train and work within a busy dental practice in the Rainford area. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn all aspects of dental nursing. If this is you, why not apply!
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Apprentice will start on £5.28 (national apprenticeship wage) and after 6 months if the apprentice has passed the probation period they will then be paid the national minimum wage for their age group.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Dec 2023
23 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To perform high quality dental nursing whilst assisting the dentist in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the 'Code of Ethics'
- Ensure that the surgical areas and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained, due attention to the relevant legal and ethical codes, in addition to the practice policy in respect of cross infection and health and safety
- To keep accurate records and ensure the recording methods are used in line with agreed practice policy, current guidelines and recommendations from official bodies.
- Set up and prepare the surgery for the type of patient and treatment planned before the start of the session
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentist while treating the patient under their supervision
- Ensure safe disposal of sharps and clinical waste
The training you will be getting
- Upon completion, the apprentice will receive a Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship along with a level 3 Dental Nurse Diploma
- The apprentice will attend a day release during term time, held at St Helens College Town Centre Campus
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The possiblity of a full-time job within the practice may be available once the apprenticeship has been completed.
- Employment as a Dental Nurse.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ST HELENS COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.