The successful candidate will be part of a team arranging shipments to be exported or imported for our customers. This will include but not limited to; completion of export paperwork, customs procedures, delivering the goods to the airline and making sure the airline has flown the goods to its country of destination.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Dec 2023
18 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
We have recently set up a roadfreight division which involves organising customers goods to be shipped from UK to European countries and from Europe to uk, role to include:
- Speaking to the hauliers
- Speaking to the customers
- Completion of customs paperwork
- Supplying customers with the best rates to win the business
- Securing future business
We also have a very busy airfreight department where the successful candidate will learn the role from team members. Role to include:
- Arranging collection
- Completion of export paperwork
- Customs procedures
- Delivering the goods to the airline
- Making sure the airline has flown the goods to its country of destination
- Following up with the customer to advise goods have flown or been delivered
- Raising export or import files on the works on the computer system.
The successful candidate would be part of a team working together to keep our customers happy with their shipping requirements.
The training you will be getting
- International Freight Forwarding Specialist Advanced Apprenticeship Standard (Level 3)
- BTEC Intermediate Award in Multimodal International Freight Procedures.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.