Business Administrator Apprentice Beauchief Medical Practice
We are looking for a new Business Administrator/Receptionist Apprentice to work across both our sites at Beauchief Medical Practice Initially you will start with the administration functions of the receptionist role,
Closing date: 18 Mar 2024
Pay will then increase after successfully completing the 6 month probationary period.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
19 Mar 2024
18 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
• Dealing with patient tasks as assigned by the clinical team - this can involve contacting the patient to book them an appointment , chasing referrals and information from the hospital for example
• Scanning documents into patients medical records
• Calling patients to book them in for required appointments working from a list , for example blood test, routine tests, immunisations
• Processing patient prescription requests
• Registering new patients
• Assisting the practice manager with the practice appointment system
• Running Searches via the medical IT system to identify patients requiring appointments
• Greeting patients on the front reception desk, checking them in and dealing with any enquiries
• Handling external telephone calls and ensuring that patients are directed to the most appropriate care pathway.
• Opening and closing procedures
The training you will be getting
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Business Administrator Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Permanent offer of employment upon sucessful completion of the appretniceship for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.