Copley Dental Care are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team and support the dentist in all aspects of patient care! If you are a highly motivated individual who would like to develop a career in dental care, then apply now! You will assist the dentist and you may also help with reception work. Role will also include completing charts computer, developing digital x-rays, general administrative tasks, and more.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
18 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
You may also help with reception work - making appointments, taking payments, dealing with paperwork and meeting and reassuring patients.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
The training you will be getting
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education
- They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development
- We will be offering oral health practitioner level 4 and practice manager level 4 as possible progressions once you have completed your dental nurse apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
About the employer
Copley Dental Care
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.