The Crane Centre have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Hydraulic Engineer to join an experienced team based in Sandbach. Our core business is in sales, service and installation of cranes and the role includes service and inspection of lorry loader cranes and accurately diagnose and rectify faults on cranes / hydraulics and electric's systems.
Closing date: 22 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Service and inspection of lorry loader cranes
- Carry out warranty work on new cranes
- Accurately diagnose and rectify faults on cranes / hydraulics and electrics systems
- Installation of new cranes onto new and used chassis'
- Carry out PDI's on new installations
- Dealing face-to-face with customers on a regular basis
- Completion of paperwork in an accurate manner
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician apprenticeship
- Off-the-job training - day release at the Total People Training Centre (CW2 8AB)
- The apprentice must achieve level 2 English and mathematics prior to taking the end-point assessment for the apprenticeship if you haven't achieved them on entry
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
If you are successful, we'll provide you with a full company induction and work with you to identify your development needs and career progression plan.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE CRANE CENTRE LTD
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.