A fantastic opportunity has become available for an IT support apprentice to join the team, reporting to the Head of IT. This new and challenging role will give the opportunity to work with a wide range of enterprise technologies and travel to other sites in the UK.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2024
Salary increase due to performance and completion of the apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
19 Mar 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- The first point of contact for IT support related queries from the various sites.
- Take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with issues.
- Troubleshoot and assist users face-to-face, by phone, be email or remote access.
- Maintaining inventories of IT equipment including mobile phones
- Carry out necessary support and monitoring activities such as anti-virus scanning and backups to help maintain an efficient and robust infrastructure.
The training you will be getting
- 6 hours a week off the job training.
- Remote training.
- IT Level 3 qualification.
- Information communications technician
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Permanent position once the completeion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.