Whispers Hair is recruiting for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Cheadle. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing and become a fully qualified stylists in a vibrant, exciting, and successful salon.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The duties and responsibilities within the salon include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop.
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy.
- Offering clients refreshments.
The training you will be getting
You will train with Michaeljohn Training School, a multi-award-winning training provider with over 40 years of experience in the hairdressing and barbering industry. Our team of dedicated educators are highly skilled hair professionals who continue to work in some of the industry’s most reputable salons. You will achieve Level 2 Diploma for Hairdressing Professional and Functional skills level 2 in maths and English (if needed).
Our academy – with 4 floors of salons and learning zones – is the ideal environment to learn hairdressing and barbering; you will attend one day per week on day release from your employer. We only work on live models for training and assessments purposes, giving you real life salon experience.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning (on average) salaries of £25,000+ once qualified.
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification.
- Opportunities to become your own boss, work mobile, work abroad, work on model runways and cruise ships – the opportunities are endless!
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Professional Standard.
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Michaeljohn Training School
0161 819 2552
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.