Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Linwood School (Springwood Campus) Linwood School (Woodford's Campus)
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join the Springwood Campus at Linwood School. The Apprentice will provide 1 to 1 and group support to the students, assist the teacher and complete the Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
Closing date: 27 Jan 2024
Pro-rata £14,979 - £15,252 per annum
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
28 Jan 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Due to the special educational needs of our students this role can be challenging and sometimes physically demanding, however the work is also very rewarding. Resilience is a key personal quality for the role as is the ability to communicate effectively using a range of tools. As a Teaching Assistant at Springwood Campus your main responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students to facilitate their academic and social progress under the direction of the class Teacher.
- Create a structured and nurturing environment that promotes student engagement.
- Assist and encourage students to remain on task.
- Offer emotional support, utilising positive behavior reinforcement techniques via trauma informed approach.
- Provide personal care for pupils and appropriate medical treatment following individual care plans.
- Ensure that students records are kept up to date and in line with current guidance, under the direction of the class Teacher.
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards your Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification across a total duration of 16 months!
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
- All online/remote learning, no classroom or college day release
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential full time role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Linwood School (Woodford's Campus)
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.