Ref CC05 Nursery Apprentice level 3 at Little Explorers Nursery & Pre-School Little Explorers Nursery & Pre-School
Little Explorers is a vibrant day nursery catering for up to 101 children aged 3months to 5years. We are located off Euxton Lane in Chorley. Little Explorers are seeking a level 2 Early Year’s Practitioner looking to complete their level 3 apprenticeship in Early Year’s.
Closing date: 02 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Jan 2024
12 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Little Explorers are seeking a level 2 Early Year’s Practitioner looking to complete their level 3 apprenticeship in Early Year’s. The position is fulltime Monday – Friday with paid college training days. The key responsibilities include Providing a safe, caring, stimulating environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times, delivering an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress, and to ensure a high standard of care, attending to children’s individual care needs and planning and implementing age and developmentally appropriate activities to help children reach their full potential. The post holder will need to ensure they help the nursery to uphold and adhere to all Ofsted requirements.
• To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
• To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff, and others.
• To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Early Years Practitioners, Room Leaders, and Senior Managers
• To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
The training you will be getting
- Early Years Educator – Level 3. This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace
- You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training.
- You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- You will also gain a qualification in Paediatric First Aid
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- We are very open to continuing professional development in areas of employee’s interest and strengths
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Any (Grade A*-D/ 9-3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D/ 9-3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.