Apprenticeship Workshop & Calibration Technician ENDRESS + HAUSER LIMITED
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in engineering! Working within the Service Workshop Team and reporting to the Workshop Team Leader, to support the repair and maintenance of Pressure, Temperature, Flow, level and Analytical instrumentation.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2023
£10,639.20 to £20,996.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
16 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The main responsibilities are:
- Repairs, calibration, testing and evaluation of equipment together with associated fault-finding, preparation of documentation and reports.
- Liaising with customers regarding returned instruments.
- Act in a customer orientated manner at all times.
- Deal with customer enquiries in a professional manner.
- Ensure timely response to customers.
- Ordering and procurement of spare parts from sister companies.
- Commercial consideration given for the cost effective repair / replacement of devices in the interest of both the customer and E+H.
- You will be expected to keep your workstation clean and safe.
- Wear personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Work to all relevant procedures and specifications and quality systems.
- Be aware of and follow all Health and Safety procedures.
- Other work within the Service Department, as requested by management.
- Provide effective communication between sales and service departments.
- Develop an understanding of the office systems – SAP / SMP / Outlook / Salesforce etc.
- Learn product knowledge via formal training and on the job training.
- Gain knowledge in all aspects of repair and calibration.
- Assist Field Service Engineers as required on specific issues in the field from time to time.
- Learn about calibration and verification and assist with the calibration of customer instruments including flow, temperature and pressure.
- Gain the relevant qualification in electrical engineering via external training (College & Stegta).
The training you will be getting
Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard - Pathway 13: Technical Support Technician
- Practical Skills units delivered within the STEGTA Training Centre in Flixton - Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing
- Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Theoretical Learning - Level 3 Diploma in Advanced
- Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) to be studied at College on a day release basis over 2 years
- Portfolio of Evidence - Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Technical Support Technician (Development Competence) assessed by a STEGTA Training Officer in company
- Functional Skills Level 2 Englsh and maths if required
- End Point Assessment
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The apprenticeship is within the Service Workshop area and upon completion of the apprenticeship will lead to a permanent position based on performance. Further development paths are available both within the Service workshop and within the wider business. Working towards HNC / HND in instrumentation or electronic engineering.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.