IT Apprentice (Watford Grammar School For Girls) WATFORD GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
Assisting staff in general with ICT and AV equipment. Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals. Level 3 apprenticeship.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Dec 2023
12 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Updating the asset register of the IT hardware.
- Working with the rest of the IT Team and reporting network problems.
- Arranging repairs and replacements as necessary.
- To monitor sites printer consumable levels.
- Update and develop personal knowledge and skills as necessary.
- To work in an autonomous manner, striving towards a zero-defect environment using predictive maintenance procedures.
- To also work with a degree of flexibility in the understanding that some work may need to take place outside of school hours.
- Any other task as may be reasonably requested by a member of the Leadership Team, the Network Manager or the IT Strategic Lead.
The training you will be getting
- Information communications technician.
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
WATFORD GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.