Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship - Weyford Nursery & Primary Academy Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy
We are looking for a Nursery Assistant Apprentice to join our existing friendly team. You would be supporting the Nursery Teacher in providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 2 and a half years and 5 years old.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2024
£6 per hour
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
28 Jan 2024
10 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- In liaison with, and under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and following best practice, appropriately support pupils on an individual or small group basis to understand instructions, and complete activities, encouraging and developing independent learning and inclusion of all pupils to ensure progression and continuity
- Support the learning and development of children brought in to the care of the Nursery provision, promoting positive behaviour and emotional wellbeing, implementing interventions as appropriate and as directed by your line manager.
- Supported by the Nursery Nurse, manage and develop the health and hygiene of children, promoting independence according to their age and ability, which will include, but not limited to, toileting, nappy changing, feeding and dressing.
- As directed by your line manager and Nursery Nurse, follow the plans set for children’s learning through play and adult led activities both indoors and outdoors, with the resources available based upon the EYFS curriculum. Ensure areas are clean and tidy after use, creating a safe, vibrant and engaging environment for learning.
- Maintain accurate notes of observations of children's’ learning and upload to Tapestry in line with Academy procedures
- Report any concerns or disclosures immediately to your line manager or a senior member of staff in-line with Academy policy and procedures
- As directed by, and with the Nursery Nurse, feedback to Parents and Carers at the end of each day regarding children in your care in line with Academy procedures, Confidentiality policy and safeguarding regulations.
- Assist with special activities and extracurricular activities across the Academy, such as sports days, plays, concerts, open days, day trips, and educational visits.
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards your Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification across a total duration of 19 months!
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
- All online/remote learning, no classroom or college day release
- An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
- A qualification in Paediatric first aid
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A potential full time role with opportunities to upskill
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Weyford Nursery and Primary Academy
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.