Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice ARCHFIELD HOUSE NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
We are recruiting for an Apprentice to join our Ofsted rated Outstanding setting in Cotham, (BS6). We are looking for someone to embrace learning about all things Early Years, putting the children at the heart of everything they do. We are so much more than ‘childcare’ so come and join us to learn about the importance of Early Years!
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
10 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Some key things to know about our setting:
- We have a planning in the moment approach
- Our Pre-School children go to Beach and Forest School sessions a few times a week
- We have ‘Wandering Wanderers’ sessions which are relaxed outings with all age groups in our local vicinity
- Outdoor environments are hugely important to us and luckily have exciting, large outdoor areas for play
- We are one big family with regular staff socials!
Some of the benefits for working with us are:
- Working alongside incredibly friendly and likeminded colleagues
- Up to 36 days annual leave
- Birthday day off
- Great rates of pay
- Generous profit scheme bonus after 2 years service
- Lots of Continual Professional Development opportunities (including 2 In-Service Days a year)
- NHS Top Up and Employee Assistance Programme including counselling
- A family run, professional working environment with just 2 settings
- Parking permits available
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator standard.
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language.
Apprentices must successfully complete a paediatric first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
You will be required to complete Functional Skills mathematics and English (where applicable), Employment Rights and Responsibilities and British Values.
Location: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College - Filton Campus.
Duration: 18-24 months.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a permanent full-time position will be offered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.