This is an opportunity to work as a Property Maintenance Operative. This opportunity will be varied, offering the chance learn a variety of skills including; electrical, pumbing, glazing, general maintenance within a school setting, health & safety, property management, sports grounds marking plus many more opportunities.
Closing date: 16 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
10 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To support and maintain the school building, including effecting repairs and improvements in order to fulfil the school’s specific responsibilities under LMS. Undertake minor repairs (electrical, plumbing, glazing, joinery) as necessary.
- Monitor, operate and maintain appropriate site security systems, including opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the school day, lettings outside school hours and responding to call outs as necessary in order to provide satisfactory security arrangements.
- Support the Maintenance officer to maintain and monitor Health and Safety standards, reporting any failures to comply with the school’s statutory obligations in this area and ensure that contractor’s work meets Health and safety Regulations.
- Carry out cleaning duties (including the moving of heavy furniture and outdoor bins) which will secure the most efficient use of resources.
- Carry out porterage duties.
- Review the maintenance log throughout the day and prioritise completion of tasks.
- Carry out basic weed control and painting to outdoor equipment.
- Contribute to the ordering of supplies in order to maintain the necessary stock of appropriate resources.
- Carry out other duties appertaining to the use of the premises as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with the reasonable requirements of the Principal.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Qualification
- Functional Skills level 2 in English and maths if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C+) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.