Ladybirds Day Nursery are looking for either a level 2 childcare apprentice to join their friendly team in Brixton, just outside of Plymouth. You will be involved in supervising the childrens' play time, and engaging children in learning and play activities. Gain a qualification and experience while you earn!
Closing date: 05 Dec 2023
£211.20 per week, based on a 40 hour week. Any overtime above the 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
06 Dec 2023
10 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
You will be involved in supervising the childrens' play time, and engaging children in learning and play activities. This is an important part of your role as it will help to build your confidence and ability to work with young children. You will learn how to interact with young children throughout all of their activities which will help you enjoy your progress through your apprenticeship.
On a daily basis you will be required to keep records and update accordingly, as well as working with team members to maintain a high standard of operation to ensure that the children are stimulated, nurtured and enjoy their time at nursery; this will ensure that the day runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist in providing daily care for children, including feeding, diapering, and ensuring their basic needs are met.
- Plan and participate in age-appropriate activities and play sessions to stimulate children's physical, social, and cognitive development.
- Maintain a safe environment by closely supervising children, identifying potential hazards, and taking proactive steps to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Support the implementation of curriculum and educational plans, helping children achieve developmental milestones and learning objectives.
- Observe children's behaviour and development, and report any concerns or notable developments to senior staff or parents/guardians.
- Maintain open and effective communication with parents/guardians, sharing updates on children's activities and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Participate in training and development programs to enhance childcare skills and knowledge, as well as stay updated on best practices and regulations in childcare.
You will be supervised by a qualified member of staff, who will show you all the company policies and procedures required for this position, including Health and Safety in the workplace. You will be required to make sure that the nursery areas are clean and tidy at the end of the day, in preparation for the following day.
The training you will be getting
The Apprenticeship in Childcare includes:
* Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard Apprenticeship
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification, you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The employer is very committed to staff development and training, and to assist the successful apprentice to progress through all of their training with a view to future employment. For the right apprentice, you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto your level 3 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-1 equivalent to A*-G) Desired
About the employer
Ladybirds Day Nursery
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.