An excellent opportunity is available for a Tyre Fitter Apprentice at Mr Tyre. The role will include assisting with tyre replacement and batteries and exhausts. You will also assist with puncture repairs and wheel balancing and assisting with alloy wheel repairs for cracked and buckled wheels.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
04 Jan 2024
09 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Replacement tyres
- Tyre pressure monitoring system TPMS
- Puncture repairs and wheel balancing
- Standard OEM exhaust systems
- Shock absorbers and suspension parts and upgrades
- Alloy wheels
- Alloy wheel repairs for cracked and buckled wheels
- Catalytic converters
- 4 wheel alignment geometry checks and adjustment
The training you will be getting
- Autocare technician Level 2
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- Minimum 20% on the job training
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full time employment with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
STAFF SELECT LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.